Top 7 Things To Do In Bristol For Young Adults
Bristol is a vibrant city that offers a plethora of activities tailored to the interests of young adults. The city's buzzing nightlife is a major draw, with an array of pubs, ...
Mother's Day Offers - See Deals
Bristol gives you a rich tapestry of culture, history, and innovation. With its blend of heritage and modernity, there's no shortage of fun activities to indulge in. Whether you're a local or a visitor, here's a comprehensive list of the top 30 fun things to do in Bristol.
1. Explore the SS Great Britain: Step aboard Brunel's ground breaking steamship, now a captivating museum, offering insights into maritime history and Victorian engineering.
2. Stroll over the Clifton Suspension Bridge: Enjoy breathtaking views from this iconic suspension bridge, an engineering marvel that spans the picturesque Avon Gorge.
3. Wander through Bristol Harbourside: Once a busy dock, it's now a lively area filled with restaurants, bars, and cultural spaces, perfect for a leisurely stroll.
4. Visit the Bristol Museum & Art Gallery: Discover a diverse collection spanning art, nature, and history, including Egyptian mummies and local artefacts.
5. Enjoy Street Art in Stokes Croft: Bristol is famous for its vibrant street art scene. Stokes Croft, in particular, showcases some of the city's most impressive murals, including works by Banksy.
6. Catch a Show at Bristol Hippodrome: From West End musicals to ballet and opera, this historic theatre offers a rich programme of live entertainment.
7. Discover Bristol Cathedral: Admire the architectural beauty and serene atmosphere of this medieval cathedral, located in the heart of the city.
8. Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride: Experience Bristol from above with a breathtaking hot air balloon ride, offering unparalleled views of the city and surrounding countryside.
9. Visit the M Shed: Delve into Bristol's industrial and social history at this engaging museum located on the docks.
10. Relax in Brandon Hill and Cabot Tower: Enjoy panoramic views from Cabot Tower and the peaceful greenery of Brandon Hill, the oldest park in Bristol.
11. Explore the Bristol Aquarium: Dive into an underwater world featuring exotic marine and freshwater species from around the globe.
12. Enjoy the Bristol International Balloon Fiesta: Held annually at Ashton Court Estate, this event is one of Europe's largest balloon festivals, offering a spectacular display.
13. Shop at St Nicholas Market: Discover an eclectic mix of independent stalls selling everything from vintage clothes to street food in Bristol's oldest market.
14. Take a Graffiti Tour: Learn about Bristol's street art scene with a guided tour, exploring the stories behind the city's colourful murals.
15. Visit the Arnolfini: This contemporary arts centre on the harbourside hosts exhibitions, film screenings, and live performances.
16. Explore the Georgian House Museum: Step back in time in this beautifully preserved 18th-century townhouse, offering a glimpse into Bristol's past.
17. Wander through Leigh Woods: Just across the Clifton Suspension Bridge, Leigh Woods offers tranquil woodland walks and nature trails.
18. Enjoy a Performance at the Old Vic: Experience the magic of live theatre at this historic venue, known as the oldest continuously operating theatre in the English-speaking world.
19. Cycle the Bristol to Bath Railway Path: This 13-mile route offers a scenic and leisurely ride through the countryside between the two cities.
20. Attend a Festival: Bristol's calendar is packed with festivals, from the Harbour Festival to the Bristol Jazz & Blues Festival, offering something for everyone.
21. Visit the We The Curious Science Centre: Engage with interactive exhibits and science workshops at this family-friendly museum.
22. Relax in Ashton Court Estate: This historic estate offers sprawling grounds, deer parks, and woodland walks, just a short drive from the city centre.
23. Take a Bristol Ferry Boat: Explore the city from the water with a leisurely ferry ride, offering a unique perspective on Bristol's harbourside.
24. Indulge in the Food Scene: Bristol's culinary scene is booming, with an array of independent restaurants, cafes, and food markets to explore.
25. Visit the Red Lodge Museum: Discover this hidden gem, a historic Elizabethan house with stunning Tudor interiors and a tranquil knot garden.
26. Attend a Gig at Thekla: Catch live music at this unique venue, a cargo ship moored in the harbour that hosts a diverse range of musical acts.
27. Explore Blaise Castle Estate: This historic parkland offers woodland walks, a children's playground, and the folly castle with its panoramic views.
28. Discover the Bristol Old City: Wander through the narrow streets of the Old City, filled with historic buildings, independent shops, and quaint cafes.
29. Visit the Eastville Park: This Victorian park offers a lake, woodland areas, and a vibrant community garden, perfect for a leisurely afternoon.
30. Participate in a Workshop or Class: Bristol is a hub of creativity, offering a variety of workshops and classes, from pottery and painting to cooking and dance.
Bristol's diverse attractions cater to all interests, making it a city full of surprises and delights. Whether you're into history, art, nature, or gastronomy, Bristol promises an array of fun and enriching experiences. So, dive in and explore all that this dynamic city has to offer.
Why our customers love us
Change to an experience that suits your current mood
eVouchers are sent directly to your email inbox within seconds
Sign up to be the first to hear about fantastic offers, exclusive newsletter-only discounts & competitions.